Friday, September 7, 2007

BlueFlip Art

BlueFlip Art is another online gallery that I really like the look of.

Their gallery has a unique twist - They sell low-cost prints of some amazing artwork, and donate 10% of proceeds to the artist's chosen charity. Nice idea.

The 'low price, high volume' model is in play here. They sell art that is very affordable. But to succeed, I guess that means they have to sell lots of it. I'd be interested to know if this is a full time gig for someone.

The artwork is of a really high standard though. I'm particularly enamored by Richard Wilkinsons' stuff, like 'Red Balloon', pictured here.

BlueFlip is open to anyone, and you can submit your own art here. However, they don't just accept anyone's art. In their words:
... We'll warn you right up front that we're pretty finicky about what we do decide to sell. Take a peek at the prints available right now on the site. If you think your work is of a similar caliber, then by all means send us an email with a link to your work or as an attachment. If it blows our socks off then we'll contact you back and get the ball rolling!
It's a clean looking website, with great artists. BlueFlip have what it takes to make a great online gallery.

2 comments:

My Charlie Girl said...

ooh oooh blue flip art is a great spot. it has work on there thats is from the guy who is misprinted type. i luuurve his work!!! nice find, and thanks it reminded me to check out that site again :)

The Painted Sky said...

Arrrrgh!, you are so cruel to my wallet! Blue Flip is uber cool!

It took me 5 seconds to find "Broken bear" by Brian Taylor and I want it so bad. I luv this sort of art, that some call lowbrow/pop surrealism?

I can't believe i haven't come across this place until now ????

Thanks, you will be rewarded in the afterlife!