Thursday, January 10, 2008

A little update

Just wanted to give you all a bit of an update on how my online art gallery (Thanks, Liss) is going:

First, the boring stuff - During the week I received my ABN number and Certificate of Business registration, which means that I have now got an official business set up. I can't really explain why I'm so excited about this, but I guess it just makes the whole project seem a little more tangible.

Artists - As of tonight I have 12 artists that have signed up, and want to sell their work on my site. All of them are amazing, and I'm really pleased to have each one of them on board.

I have artists from here, the US, China, the UK, Sweden, the Phillipines and New Zealand. The truly amazing thing about the internet is that you can find so much talent in every pocket of the world. Of course, I'd like to get more local talent signed up as well though.

This has been the result of a lot of hard work over the last month. I think I'd like to have about 30 artists lined up before I launch the site though, so still plenty o' work to do.

The Website - I've been working with a local web designer and developer, and I could be more pleased with how that's all working out. We had meeting last night (via Skype, I'm such an internet nerd) to talk about how it's all going. It's really starting to take shape.

The idea? - Well, perhaps it's about time I told my readers what the site is, how it will work etc. but another part of me wants to keep it a secret.

Anyway, 2008 has gotten off to a great start for me - and I'm looking forward to telling you more about the site as I get closer to launching it.

5 comments:

A Reason to Paint said...

I can understand the excitement about getting the ABN, I've just applied for one in my other line of work and there is defintely a buzz to seeing it all come together. Good luck with it Ben, I have enjoyed following your journey and look forward to watching your progress.

Daydream Lily said...

This is great news Ben, Im glad your calling it a gallery too. Next you need the exhibition and a book too!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Cant wait to see the site in full working order.

Ill start shooting some more artists your way and make a post on the site when its ready.

Ben Rowe said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Creep ... I'll be in touch!

My Charlie Girl said...

This is great. Soz its been a little while since i have visited. Looks like i have a lot to catch up on :) xxx