Monday, October 8, 2007

Illusration and Children's Art

One thing I've affirmed for myself since I started to write this blog, I'm a sucker for illustration.

I could read blogs like Drawn, Illustration Mundo and Art Jumble all day long. I really could. And with a lot of the latest lowbrow / pop surrealist art movement being illustration based, it seems as though I'm not the only one.

So stepping away from my current online gallery ideas for a second, what do my loyal readers think of an art gallery for children, where the artwork is primarily illustration work? I'm there'd be plenty of grown-ups that would be keen to visit, too.

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong), there isn't any art galleries in Melbourne that are focused towards kids. Aside from the current Pixar exhibition at ACMI, that is. Could this be an untapped niche for a gallery? Or am I wrong - has this idea been done before?

(Photo Credit: Philippe Jalbert)

No comments: