Thursday, April 10, 2008

Christopher Nielsen

OK, you're probably wondering ... why has this guy from Melbourne started creating an online art site, but there aren't any Australian artists?

Well, that's not exactly true - I have quite a few Australian artists signed up and ready to to be part of ivoteforart.com. Starting with Christopher Nielsen, a freelance Illustrator based out of Sydney.

I guess you'd describe his work as abstract ... In fact I'm not sure how you'd descibribe it beyond that. But he has a unique, rough style that really appeals to me.

You can read Chris' interview over at We are the Image Makers, or just head on over to his site to see more of his work.

One of the exciting things about launching this site is that i can choose artists from anywhere in the world to take part. Having said that, I'm always on the lookout for more local produce.

Stay tuned for more Australian artists!

1 comment:

My Charlie Girl said...

another great find! its been most enjoyable watching your idea grow into what it is now. looking forward to following the rest of your journey! :) becx